Top Wedding Invitation Trends for 2011
Fresh hues and standout colors with bits of personal style will be the standout trend for invitations in 2011.
As the very first element of style your friends and family will see, the invitation is foremost when it comes to setting the stage for your wedding’s theme, color scheme, vibe and tone. Gone are the days of stiff white card stock and pale silver lettering; brides are now using invitations to convey their personality and style.Below are some of the hottest trends for color and style for 2011.
Fresh, Exciting Colors
- Mineral Earthy Hues: Nature’s color palette is often used in decorating, and these fresh and natural colors will carry forward into the New Year. Watch for raw material tones, such as jade, copper, slate and gravel, to dominate invitation color palettes, both in printed pieces and in paper stock.
- Lemon and Lime: As fresh as it gets, an invitation color palette that incorporates bright yellow and lime-green is for brides who want an element of fun in their wedding planning. Ideal for an outdoor summer wedding, yellows and greens are also easily carried over into place settings, decor and floral arrangements.
- Marine-Inspired Hues: This recurring color theme from 2010 is here to stay, due to its soothing appeal and gentle shades. From pale aquamarine to deep ocean blue, marine-inspired tones are multipurpose and can be used for both casual gatherings and elegant nuptials.
- Lavender and Gray: Combined, a lavender and gray color palette delivers subtle elegance via pale tones that are soft and easy on the eyes. This color combination will be subtle enough to use throughout every season.
- All Things Purple: Considered the color of royalty, purple is one color that rarely goes out of style. Deep shades will be prominent in 2011, especially later in the fall and Holiday season.
Standout Invitation Styles
- Travel Documents/Boarding Passes: With destination weddings becoming more and more popular brides are incorporating this theme in their invitations. It allows you to make your friends and family feel ready for travel the moment that your invitation arrives.
- Calligraphy: Whether your hire a calligrapher to had write your names or your entire invitation this is a STAND OUT that creates elegance and grace with each word that your guests will read. You can also choose one of the beautiful calligraphy fonts that are available for this same feel at a less expensive price.
- Flat Printing: Once the only means of creating a professional-looking invitation, engraving methods are stepping aside for flat printing, which is much more conducive to elaborate graphic designs, and much less expensive. This opens the door to vast possibilities for your invitation and limitless creativity.