Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The idea of Love...

 I thought it only fitting that after all this time I write a blog about what else...love.  After all I do run a store that is all consumed by the idea of "happily ever after".  I feel it is only prudent for me to start by saying that I am a skeptic, a cynic, a non-believer in the idea of soul mates and picket fences, but I have to admit that even sometimes the most jaded of us all can be pleasantly surprised by this little thing called....

I have watched for the previous five years as the most strong and independent and capable women that I may have ever met came into the store completely transcended by this love thing; so in love with love that even the font the chose to write their name must be perfect to encompass the passion that they feel inside.  Watched women perplex about the details of the cake and the food and the song that they will first dance to with this man that they ate so in love with that they have forgotten how to even spell their old last name... 

This was all a bit like watching a foreign film without the subtitles to me...until I knew what it was like.  That's right I do believe that I have been somehow bitten by this infamous love bug that everyone so frequently speaks about but never shows his face.  I, of course, have thought a time or two that this has happened to me but I assure you that what is happening to me now hasn't happened before.  I can't even sleep without thinking about the next time we can kiss or I can smell him next to me....I can imagine a future that is not my own.  It is the scariest thing I think I may have ever experienced...so ME the jaded girl who plans the weddings she can't have is reaching out to all the love sick brides who have gone all ga-ga in the store with me for some advice on what in the world has taken over me and who is this person who all of the sudden believes in "happily ever after".  Is this what it is supposed to feel like or could I possibly need some meds??

Thanks for listening and if you shop with us please don't come in and go all gushy on me..it's still me!

No comments:

Post a Comment